Each sea turtle species feeds on a specific diet and all lack teeth:
- Loggerheads feed mainly on hard-shelled organisms such as lobsters, crustaceans, and fish.
- Green turtles are vegetarian and prefer sea grasses, sea weeds and algae as adults, however, green turtle hatchlings are omnivorous, eating jellyfish, snails, crabs, and shrimp.
- Leatherbacks feed mostly on jellyfish.
- Hawksbills have a bird-like beak that is used to cut through soft coral, anemones and sea sponges.
- Olive ridleys are omnivorous, mostly eating jellyfish, snails, crabs, and shrimp but they will occasionally eat algae and seaweed as well.