Olive Ridley Project (“ORP”/”we”/”us'”) takes your privacy seriously. This privacy statement explains how ORP makes use of any information that you provide when visiting oliveridleyproject.org (“our/this site”), as well as our commitment to, and procedures for, protecting personal data. ORP does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to any third parties.
This privacy statement falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and, together with our our Terms and Conditions and Cookie Use Policy govern our relationship with you in relation to this site. By visiting oliveridleyproject.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Who We Are
Olive Ridley Project is a registered charity, operating in the UK and the Indian Ocean Region.
UK Charity Registration number 1165905, registered in England & Wales.
11 Dane Close
Cheshire, SK7 3LF
Personal Data We Collect
Information You Provide
- Information you give us about you by completing our contact form, subscribing to our newsletter or submitting citizen scientist data via oliveridleyproject.org :
- Email address
- Phone number
- Newsletter preferences
- Information you provide when you donate to, or fund raise on behalf of, the Olive Ridley Project, or when you adopt a turtle, using the online donation service CharityCheckout.
- Email address
- Credit Card Information
Technical, Analytical & Statistical Data
- Technical information collected automatically by Google Analytics when you visit our site, purely for for statistical and analytical purposes:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Geo Location
- Device type and version
- Operating system and platform
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Demographic information such as sex and age
- Page response times
- Download errors
- The URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- Pages, posts, products, and photos you viewed, downloaded or searched for
- Length of visits to certain pages
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)Website usage and behavioural information you generate when using our site, collected by Google Analytics and MailChimp for statistical and analytical purposes:
- Newsletter opens & clicks
Embedded Content From Other Websites/Third Parties
- Pages on this site include embedded donation forms from the online donation service CharityCheckout with whom we have entered into a services agreement which allows us to use www.charitycheckout.co.uk, to collect donations on our behalf. We have accepted the terms and conditions policy for use of www.charitycheckout.co.uk, which will be applicable when you donate to ORP through this site.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos from YouTube, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Cookies enable us to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any sensitive information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- This site uses different types of cookies, some which are placed by third party services that appear on our pages:
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Preference/Functional Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember preference, choices you make, information you have entered in a form and provide enhanced functionality and personal features.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies help to improve the performance of our website. For example, they collect statistical information about which pages visitors go to most often and help us to provide a better user experience.
- Marketing Cookies: These cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
- We share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you have provided to them or that they have collected from your use of their services.
- For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Your Information
- The information you provide may be used in a number of different ways, for example:
- To provide you with the information, products and services you ask for, and honour any contract you have with us;
- To tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
- To manage customer service queries;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To personalise repeat visits to our website;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- We may combine information we receive from other sources, such as Charity Checkout, with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We use the name and email address you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter to send you newsletters or emails. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system. Emails are sent through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters. No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
- You can remove your name from the subscription lists at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the newsletter or emailing email@example.com.
Who We Share Your Information With
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where We Store Your Information
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff and contractors operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, for example, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details, arranging your volunteer activities, and the provision of support services.
- All information you provide to us is stored on the secure servers of our web hosting company (GoDaddy) and cloud storage and email providers (Google). Citizen scientist data uploads and Turtle Adoption information is also stored at JotForm’s European servers‘.
- Although our site is encrypted, the transmission of information via the internet is unfortunately, not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long We Store Your Data
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Access And Update Your Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
When Will We Contact You?
We may periodically send you emails about new products and services, or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to email@example.com.
In the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
This Policy Does Not Apply To Linked Websites