Job Vacancy in Pakistan for a Part-time Project Coordinator
There will be an 8-week probationary period, followed by a performance review. Performance reviews will take place every 6 months afterwards.
The Olive Ridley Project (ORP) is dedicated to removing and reducing the number of derelict fishing nets in the Indian Ocean and to protecting vulnerable marine turtles that fall victim to this ghost gear and habitat destruction. We achieve this by training volunteers to remove derelict fishing gear, safely rescue trapped animals, recording important information about the gear and animals entangled in it and working alongside fisher to find solutions to ghost gear issues and environmental protection. Furthermore, we conduct research using Photo-ID methods to look at population stability, nesting activity and spatial distribution nationwide in the Maldives. We have one of the largest turtle-ID databases in the world with just over 13,000 observations and work with an international team of experts to better develop and standardize the method.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Management of in field supervisor at Rehmangoth fishing community
- Oversee artisan project – ghost gear to bracelets
- Oversee data collection
- Establish new partnerships and collaborations
- Continue and manage educational activities
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Urdu
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of, and a passion for, the marine environment and conservation
- Knowledge of sustainable waste management.
- Experience working in a remote location with limited resources
- Experience handling medium sized data-sets, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Marine biologist
- Grant writing
Please send a CV and cover letter to Martin Stelfox at email@example.com before 15th April 2018